RE: [EnergyPlus_Support] mass flow rate for core zone

I looked at your Mixed_cooling load.idf in the other post.  There was no severe error.  T do  not understand your problem.  I have not look at the current IDF.

In the first IDF, you did not list the input and output variables.  Therefore, you could not see what the program was doing.The outdoor temperature was at 22°C in the morning before sun rise.  Of cource, the cooling will be reduced and the reheat should be on.  The reheat was not there.

You need to display the Outdoor dry bulb, aone mean air temperature to see the input and output.  Window head gand loss were the ony relavent input variables in your IDF.  system node temperature need not be the same as the setpoint temperature of the thermostat.

With a VAV system, both cooling and heating are required to control the zone temperature.  If you use electric heater for reheat and water or other source for AHU heating in Winter, the result may be easier to analysis.  Is this what you meant by "mixed cooling load".

For you current qquestion, zone temperature control is achieved by the zone cooling set point schedule and zone theremostat control  type with the zone or AHU system air loop to provide heating and cooling.

You cannot control the flow rate or equipment size to change the working zone temperature.  You need to change the value 24 in the cooling setpoint schedule for the SummerDsignDay to the new value you want.

If you do not have separate heating and cooling set point schedules and/or theremostat control for the zone, the whole bulding will be control with one temperature value.

If you set the temperature in the template and provide the schecule name at the same time, the constant temperature in the temperature is not used.

 Dr. Li