[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[EnergyPlus_Support] ASHRAE 90.1 Appendix G - Purchased Heat
- To: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: [EnergyPlus_Support] ASHRAE 90.1 Appendix G - Purchased Heat
- From: "curtisjclark" <cjcfromslc@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 05 Feb 2013 15:31:35 -0000
- Delivered-to: mailing list EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Delivery-date: Tue, 05 Feb 2013 08:33:26 -0700
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=echoe; t=1360078406; bh=uBUcfYJR84XyxeJLTJTgDbzME0zxz8hmzrYian8jzYU=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:To:Message-ID:User-Agent:X-Mailer:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:X-Yahoo-Post-IP:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=W85k03V1F3vFDeSaqiRoxXyqorHToL42O7E5Wzio1ERqVmJtPsV+PpkKiTPywYn2kS/EafrUu8OPUrUjsYOEJm1f6tSJ4AGTx1XfFSsckNitBqGXjBNOo0quIgFz2D3DRQztdkSq84/zwxwVTI+xbV2Yi8OACJtIJ8/MvqxfJZs=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=echoe; d=yahoogroups.com; b=izDVzHyjfinXwKWiCYbqmHLDlbkRsRAJrJcaFh6jOcJaxlkraMXFqJq1PUpTstznxp3SI38bYVBIqwx7SSQi52NYni7FVKMzcLZrjkGFfHTbLjIx6bDOEjKMTSbv/c64UdjEJKAH35Rplu4A0QKYoSW6rbnz1zLzDmsukCKJwIw=;
- Envelope-to: linda@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- List-id: <EnergyPlus_Support.yahoogroups.com>
- List-unsubscribe: <mailto:EnergyPlus_Supportfirstname.lastname@example.org>
- Mailing-list: list EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; contact EnergyPlus_Support-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Reply-to: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Sender: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- User-agent: eGroups-EW/0.82
ASHRAE 90.1 appendix G provides the following guidelines for buildings connected to district or campus thermal energy systems:
G18.104.22.168 Purchased Heat. For systems using purchased hot water or steam, hot water or steam costs shall be based on actual utility rates, and on-site boilers shall not be modeled in the baseline building design.
Definition: purchased energy rates: costs for units of energy or power purchased at the building site. These costs may include energy costs as well as costs for power demand as determined by the adopting authority.
Appendix G has provisions for consideration of purchased heat in Section G22.214.171.124, but no similar provision exists for purchased cooling.
Should the purchased heat rates kept constant between the baseline and proposed model?
If a campus system is designed with all-electric heat recovery chillers, should the purchased heat rates be based on electricity rates and the baseline mechanical system should be System 8 ? VAV with PFP Boxes?
If a campus system is designed with all-electric heat recovery chillers and back-up natural-gas boilers, should the purchased heat rates be based on the combination electric/natural gas electricity rates and the baseline mechanical system should be System 7 ? VAV with Reheat?
Please send your comments.
CURTIS CLARK PE, LEED AP BD+C
Primary EnergyPlus support is found at:
http://energyplus.helpserve.com or send a message to energyplus-support@xxxxxxxx
The primary EnergyPlus web site is found at:
The group web site is:
Attachments are currently allowed but be mindful that not everyone has a high speed connection. Limit attachments to small files.
EnergyPlus Documentation is searchable. Open EPlusMainMenu.pdf under the Documentation link and press the "search" button.
Yahoo! Groups Links
<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional
<*> To change settings online go to:
(Yahoo! ID required)
<*> To change settings via email:
<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to: