Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Modeling Active Chilled Beams

1) "This loop architecture is not possible within energy plus."-correct. As far as I am aware only one componant per branch is allowed. Are there exceptions? I think a pump object possibly.
2) Thermodinamically, the energy used by the users (AHU cooling coil and chilled beam) will equate to the same amount. However, you'll need to supply them seperately. I suggest using one demand side branch to supply the AHU with say 6 degC chilled water and another demand side branch to supply a ThermalStorage:ChilledWater:Mixed object. This ThermalStorage:ChilledWater:Mixed object becomes the "chiller" in your second plant system which can now supply your chilled beam objects with chilled water at temperatures of say 18 deg C.
3) #2 is not the only solution...I believe the newest versions of e+ also use plate water-water heatexchanger objects now.
If you need more help please see earlier posts from Marko Ignjatovic who posted earlier in the forum. He's grasped the logic of this kind of solution well (all be it for the hot water scenario).
regards,
Jean.