[EnergyPlus_Support] Re: The best way to represent the trees

Remember that a shading surface only shades in one direction, unless the newer versions of eplus changed that. So you'll need an opposite face.

I did this once:

The 3 large horse chestnut trees (Aesculus hippocastanum) onsite are also modelled having 17,5% transmission during summer and 73% transmission in winter. Transmissions are based on the table â??Solar Modifying Characteristics of Various Species of Treesâ?? in â??Landscape architectural graphic standardsâ?? By Leonard J. Hopper, 2007. The trees are modelled for the daylighting simulation and in the energy simulation for both design and baseline case models together with component blocks representing neighbouring buildings.