[EnergyPlus_Support] Re: Help Review Energy Efficiency Measure List for ASHRAE 1651-RP

Hi Jason,

As I am a LEED enthusiast, because I believe it can drive market change, I recently wrote to Tristan Roberts on the issue:

"Has it ever been considered to split the EAp2 credit into 2 parts? Part one is an evaluation of the building envelope performance and part 2 the mechanical side? I'm surely not the only one who has floated this idea. At the moment we're often stuck trying to negate the effects of bad envelope designe with expensive technical solutions. "Turd Pollishing" is my favourite term for this. I don't feel that Architects are getting enough insentive to tackle the energy performance issues of envelope design. Since most of the energy saving opertunity starts here, this should have most of the point split. "

The last two sentences are my sticking point. In your list of measures, I would love to see them split into two camps. One which falls into the responsibility of the building itself and one which falls into the camp of building technical system solutions.

If we as technical experts are asked by the "political" forces for advice, we must remember that we are part of the force that can drive change.

As for the review of your list, the first release was so circumspective that I could not find anything to amend.

Good work,

Jean.