Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Floor area based CO2 emission rate

The person object defines the CO2 emmission rate for the people in the zone (at least I'm pretty sure it does). The ZoneContaminantSourceAndSink object is intended for stoves and other point sources.

Also the person object has CO2 standard rate built into it which is 3.82E-8 !- Carbon Dioxide Generation Rate {m3/s-W} - notice then you multiply by the Watts pproduced per the typical persons in your zone - different for activity etc. This is mostly in ASHRAE 55. One warning don't set work efficiency to 1.0!

People,
Kitchen_ZN_1_FLR_1, !- Name
Kitchen_ZN_1_FLR_1, !- Zone or ZoneList Name
BLDG_OCC_SCH, !- Number of People Schedule Name
People, !- Number of People Calculation Method
25.2000,,, !- Number of People, People per Zone Floor Area, Zone Floor Area per Person
0.3000, !- Fraction Radiant
AUTOCALCULATE, !- Sensible Heat Fraction
ACTIVITY_SCH, !- Activity Level Schedule Name
3.82E-8 !- Carbon Dioxide Generation Rate {m3/s-W}
No, !- Enable ASHRAE 55 Comfort Warnings
ZoneAveraged, !- Mean Radiant Temperature Calculation Type
, !- Surface Name/Angle Factor List Name
WORK_EFF_SCH, !- Work Efficiency Schedule Name
CLOTHING_SCH, !- Clothing Insulation Schedule Name
AIR_VELO_SCH, !- Air Velocity Schedule Name
Fanger; !- Thermal Comfort Model 1 Type

Jason Quinn