Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Heat exchanger effectiveness

Search for "HeatExchanger:AirToAir:SensibleAndLatent" in the Engineering Reference... the model is fully described in section =  "Air System Air-To-Air Sensible and Latent Effectiveness Heat Exchanger ".

Remember, the documentation is fully searchable across all PDF files...  Open EplusMainMenu.pdf, then click on "Press to Search Documents".

From: FrancescoP <direzionecontraria@xxxxxxxx>
To: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Wednesday, March 13, 2013 7:08 AM
Subject: [EnergyPlus_Support] Heat exchanger effectiveness

I have data concerning tests on a heat exchanger. Exchange efficiency is only sensible and it is presented for different conditions of the external air (dry-bulb temperature and relative humidity). I would like to model the effectiveness variations according to the external dry-bulb temperature and wet-bulb temperature. Is it possible? I'm using the object HeatExchanger:AirToAir:SeinsibleAndLatent
I see that in that object different effectiveness values can be inserted for different air flows, but what about the variation of outdoor air conditions? I read "Table 30. Operating Conditions for Defining Heat Exchanger Performance" in I/O Reference, but how does calculate EnergyPlus the exchanger effectiveness if the real conditions are different from the conditions that are written in Table 30?
With Regards
Francesco