RE: [EnergyPlus_Support] Re: Equipment efficiencies according to ASHRAE

Lest you think otherwise, many of my “personal notes” have been shared by users of this forum and the EnergyPlus Help Desk.  Many of my friends already think I am slightly loony (“You do what?”  “Why would ANYONE want to do that?”), but I would definitely be loony if I did not have a lot of modeling assistance from all of you in the last 6-7 years.

There already is a book being written as we speak (but not by myself).  You can both read and contribute at http://www.bembook.ibpsa.us/index.php?title=Main_PageBEMBOOK has been around for a while, but has recently become a wiki and the hope is that it will get a lot of helpful content from the many energy modelers around North America and beyond.

I notice in the IBPSA Home page that there is a similar project called Simupedia, but have not looked in detail at it yet. http://www.ibpsa-germany.org/index.php/Simupedia/en.  It seems that I’ll have to learn German in order to use it fully, however! (That could be a problem for me, since 60 year olds generally have less language facility L)

Another “book” of sorts has been mentioned in recent posts here and on Bldg-Sim from a group of energy modeling community builders at http://area51.stackexchange.com/proposals/45232/building-energy-modelingThat’s another breaking development that may make our lives as energy modelers better informed!

Finally, it is worth mentioning that, while I am confident of my knowledge in some aspects of energy modeling, I marvel