[EnergyPlus_Support] general pointers on how EnergyPlus does sizing with radiant surfaces

Hi all-

I've got a new model, first time modeling radiant surfaces (ceilings, in this case).  I think I actually have it working pretty well.  Took the time to work out the flow rates and tubing lengths for each radiant ceiling (modeled as ZoneHVAC:LowTemperatureRadiant:VariableFlow)

I've double checked my surface layers, the internal source is in the right spot and everything is looking like it is moving in the right direction.  Ok...questions:

Can anyone shed some light on how EPlus goes about sizing the air side in this situation?  I'd guess it depends on the way I have Sizing:Zone set up, but it is more complex than that I can tell.  For example, I played around with the settings, leaving the Design Air Flow Method set to design day.  It obviously didn't use that sizing criteria from Sizing:Zone.  I then believed that maybe EPlus is smart enough to reduce the flow rate to the ventilation minimums, but I couldn't find evidence in the hourly outputs that this was the case.  EPlus seemed to come up with its own number...I don't quite know the mechanism that EPlus uses when a radiant surface is included when it tries to determine airflow.  I did limit the fresh air from the Top of the Air Loop and made the AirsideLoop outdoor air inlet node 100% outside air.

Any constructive insights whatsoever for this complicated question would be appreciated.