RE: [EnergyPlus_Support] How to explain the VAV SYS energy consumption?

Hi Gloria,

There are two variable outputs which might help you out with this, they are:

System Node Temp
System Node MassFlowRate

(these go into Output:Variable, put a * in the top row, those outputs in the next row and then "hourly" in the third row)

Put those into your model and rerun it, then open the ESO file, if you don't have a viewer it is easy to download just google ESO file viewer. These outputs will show you the temperature and the flow rates through all the nodes in your system. If you look at the temperatures and flow rates coming out of your fan, cooling coil and heating coil, you should be able to spot if there is reheat happening in the summer and hopefully be able to explain why, or change your inputs if the system is not performing as it should.

Annie

Dr. A. Marston, Ph.D. LEED® AP BEMP

Head of the Building Performance Group

Ebert & Baumann Consulting Engineers, Inc.

An  Enterprise  of  the  Ebert-Consulting Group