RE: [EnergyPlus_Support] Re: Site:WeatherStation profiles.

I depends if your z values for the model geometry are relative to the roof of the 6 story building or to the ground.  The weather station is really at a height of 2 m plus 6 stories.

It sounds like you may want to just turn off the profile model so the model uses the direct values from the weather station. In the Site:HeightVariation object, set the fields called Wind Speed Profile Boundary Layer Thickness and Air Temperature Gradient Coefficient to zero.

From: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of joselecastro
Sent: Friday, April 19, 2013 1:11 AM
To: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [EnergyPlus_Support] Re: Site:WeatherStation profiles.

But standard conditions are:
- Air temperature is measured at 1.5m
- Wind speed is measured at 10m above ground
- Weather station is in a flat, open field with little protection form the wind.

If I do not include Site:WeatherStation, Energy Plus will understand that the wind speed is at 10m when in fact it is at 2m, and that weather station is in open field with little protection when it is in the city and a bit protected.

And for the moment I use the the default exponent and boundary layer thickness for city.

<http://energyplus.helpserve.com>http://energyplus.helpserve.com or send a message to energyplus-support@xxxxxxxx

<http://www.energyplus.gov>http://www.energyplus.gov