Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Re: Weather Files

Just a few words of explanation,

If you're converting from a weather file *.txt of unknown format using the WeatherConverter, you have to supply it with a *.def file specifying the format of your *.txt file, i.e., what are the variables and where are they located.

The WeatherConverter converts only to a *.EPW file. If you want to convert to *.BIN or *.TM2,  there are similar utility programs derived from DOE-2 that I can tell you about if you're interested.

Joe
Joe Huang
White Box Technologies, Inc.
346 Rheem Blvd., Suite 108D
Moraga CA 94556
yjhuang@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.whiteboxtechnologies.com
(o) (925)388-0265
(c) (510)928-2683

On 4/22/2013 11:41 AM, EnergyPlus_Support-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

The EnergyPlus Weather Converter that is installed with the installation can do that. Described in the Auxiliary Programs document.

--- In EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Jason Pate <jpate1214@...> wrote:

> I was wondering if you were aware of some tools for converting weather files in txt format to one of the standard weather formats such as .tm2, .epw, or .bin.

Recent Activity: