[EnergyPlus_Support] Re: spectral composition of solar radiation

Jean wrote: "When building an ASHRAE designcase window, which I gather is based on obsolete/retracted calculation methods, I have to get the glazing values per European standards here in Germany, and then I switch the rating environmental conditions to NFRC to see the resulting U-Values for use with the simple glazing system in e+, correct?".
I think you are right. Is such a work possible only using the software Windows 6? Do you need to know the exact properties of every layer that compose the window?
I think I have the same experience: if I insert the properties of the different layers of the windows in EnergyPlus (or in DesignBuilder) I get U-values that are greater than the values declared according to European technical standards.
Regards