[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[EnergyPlus_Support] Re: European radiators, EN442, baseboard rating
- To: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: [EnergyPlus_Support] Re: European radiators, EN442, baseboard rating
- From: "Luis M. Blanes" <lmblanes@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2013 12:16:29 -0000
- Delivered-to: mailing list EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Delivery-date: Fri, 21 Jun 2013 06:16:33 -0600
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=echoe; t=1371816991; bh=MxBF9IYOqM2vnkC/vMjKJa7dKA4MAYJ3V1oltI2Elek=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:To:Message-ID:In-Reply-To:User-Agent:X-Mailer:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:X-Yahoo-Post-IP:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=OIguW4IucXRdzzmIp5dycWbU2gVMkrtKpxu5NWzrc3Q0bAzSTpexv2A4+cbCTFQHY8Bh4HltPYza+N7CghuGjpPE7nEXUdjyUpCXCQhK88UFtrQyr115mm1118TKtIsnJrY5e/tD8V/GvLNF+R/cxJjySmTsRbGtpLr9q0/KcUs=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=echoe; d=yahoogroups.com; b=VufAk1f3Qsup3QxlEgvINFEiNQRqH+cRDTG00/npmmL+XUEtj/opZZ0mUYXmGurodiR2M/LEu9oNOmnoC5sEsOCERtYz4ZbDtcxrQAS+dg8cGGJkSOegvz/YLD2QbqLa2XjKxilpmCoDgO+KdPo4CLL7XvzGCLBoXAvBSOo+IFc=;
- Envelope-to: linda@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- In-reply-to: <kq181m+3g2t@eGroups.com>
- List-id: <EnergyPlus_Support.yahoogroups.com>
- List-unsubscribe: <mailto:EnergyPlus_Supportfirstname.lastname@example.org>
- Mailing-list: list EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; contact EnergyPlus_Support-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Reply-to: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Sender: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- User-agent: eGroups-EW/0.82
--- In EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "ooodard" wrote:
> I have a typical european radiator which I am modelling in an existing
building. I don't want E+ to autosize anything.
> Flow temp=82 C
> Return temp notionally 71 C
> Radiator output according to EN442= 1.4 kW
> Boilers are delivering 82 C water.
> How do I model that?
> I am using Baseboard:RadiantConvective:Water
> E+ rating is based on US baseboard rating methods, which, I read,
assume a rating zone air temperature of 65 F (18.3 C). EN442 in Europe
on the other hand assumes a 50C temperature difference between room air
and average water temperature i.e. it is independent of room air
temperature. Combining the two to convert my European rating to US, see
> Is this correct?
> Rated Average Water Temperature=18.3+50=68.3 C,
> Rated Water Mass Flow Rate=q/(Cp*Delta T)=1.4/(4.2*11)=.03 kg/s
> Rated Capacity =1400 W
> Maximum Water Flow Rate=1.4/(4.2*11)=0.03 kg/s=0.00003 m3/s
> The wording in the I-O Reference Manual for "Rated Capacity" is
> "This field is the rated water baseboard capacity in watts at a rated
water mass flow rate. Almost all publications from manufacturers
indicate it as W/m (Btuh per linear foot). The user thus must multiply
it by the active length of the unit. The active length is
> available in the literature. Manufacturers are required to publish the
difference between active and total length of the unit (I=B=R rating for
boilers baseboard radiation, 2009). This field can
> be autosized by EnergyPlus. If it is blank or zero, autosizing is
> Not very clear.
> I can only get sensible answers if I increase the Maximum Water Flow
Rate to several times the above calculated figure.
> Any advice would be most appreciated.
Primary EnergyPlus support is found at:
http://energyplus.helpserve.com or send a message to energyplus-support@xxxxxxxx
The primary EnergyPlus web site is found at:
The group web site is:
Attachments are currently allowed but be mindful that not everyone has a high speed connection. Limit attachments to small files.
EnergyPlus Documentation is searchable. Open EPlusMainMenu.pdf under the Documentation link and press the "search" button.
Yahoo! Groups Links
<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional
<*> To change settings online go to:
(Yahoo! ID required)
<*> To change settings via email:
<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to: