[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[EnergyPlus_Support] Re: Pools in E+
- To: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: [EnergyPlus_Support] Re: Pools in E+
- From: "max4706" <maxime.bourdiol@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2013 07:14:19 -0000
- Delivered-to: mailing list EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Delivery-date: Tue, 25 Jun 2013 05:01:40 -0600
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=echoe; t=1372158098; bh=QjlUcECJUKMEsLr9vz87UhftgGaG4Bq7p+0ZUdq+huw=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:Received:Received:Received:DKIM-Signature:Received:Received:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:To:Message-ID:In-Reply-To:User-Agent:X-Mailer:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:X-Yahoo-Post-IP:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:X-eGroups-Approved-By:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=3aAg7bhjR5LPRwHTky1wqDdrA/Qzy+QG7smgfGoaz3ZVHLMuEfGL7T1X+6pNgHwXg9pyDlNJlpAbmWM5kedLjAUrpsn13oHkoCZ2S3huJY0memiOTQZFwV5w07nLX/q2mrC4jN1IZ/K8eA16b922JsD+1eayrwhWUFlFA+s0ZqU=
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=echoe; t=1372158096; bh=ceoDIxOh716Dwf3dROEfdAXLF5UmZ95rtT9Q4MdcNq8=; h=Received:Received:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:Date:To:Message-ID:In-Reply-To:User-Agent:MIME-Version:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding:X-Mailer:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:X-Yahoo-Post-IP:From:Subject:X-Yahoo-Group-Post:X-Yahoo-Profile:X-YGroups-SubInfo:Sender:X-eGroups-Approved-By:X-eGroups-Auth; b=dbe45XeceIs7+pALxQwlAXDTY0zuNXF22Mxs+LX3pOTrEsPwoL+17nK/NMpuen43b/cSSgkyzgFUtn7KJUfgcgjiWcHPql9Xd3gqRkm9A219176VnlcE71xJI5/MF2FAr4T4SgoKUlb47Z3LQgsOyZaiVli1c2wQqjTcCIZvOZY=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=echoe; d=yahoogroups.com; b=La2p97GggQx0kMrFQu9heLXmlmXEAzTRxMk1pvuXQkV93L745nXNdlQRot/NWRp4rA0kng7LVZ4l3QTfDn2DXtYSLYEcx9kuHB6YMw114MZVjg1+AraAaQeCbyvF4ydcqLlYzkXI3j2OnvB93UY/G230aD9Jqg/oQMdgdNbLVPs=;
- Envelope-to: linda@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- In-reply-to: <FC1586506FC3D647A8CEAB83BA211A6938A636C994@CH2MBX01.ch2.comcast.net>
- List-id: <EnergyPlus_Support.yahoogroups.com>
- List-unsubscribe: <mailto:EnergyPlus_Supportfirstname.lastname@example.org>
- Mailing-list: list EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; contact EnergyPlus_Support-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Reply-to: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Sender: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- User-agent: eGroups-EW/0.82
All right, thanks for that reply. I am going to take a look at this and I'll probably get back to you if something is not clear enough (Sorry about that...)
Thanks for your time James
--- In EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Jim Dirkes <jim@...> wrote:
> Dear Maxime,
> I hesitate to send this because it is not organized very well ... but it's that or send nothing at all. Please be patient!
> 1. "Indoor Pool Calc" is a spreadsheet which uses the "Shah Method" for calculating pool evaporation. I include it for reference only.
> 2. "TMY-based Hourly Schedule Data" combines TMY data (Talahassee, Florida in this case) with the Shah method calculations to derive evaporation at each hour. This sheet includes psychrometric calculations as custom Excel functions. Frankly, I do not remember all of my assumptions, and would need to review the equations carefully in order to explain better. (I do not have the time to do so, at this moment, however. Sorry!)
> a. You can import TMY data for your site fairly easily by copying it from the .epw (TMY weather) file.
> b. The spreadsheet primarily uses IP units of measure. If you are using SI units, you may need to make some conversions.
> 3. For my project, I created two 8760 row .csv files from the spreadsheet which are called by EnergyPlus Schedule:File objects. One was used for the winter months when the pool water is heated. The other was used for summer months when the pool is not heated. They are used to provide the "Use Flow Rate Fraction Schedule" for WaterHeater:Mixed object.
> 4. I hope that is enough to get you started! If something is unclear after studying the information, please send a private message and I'll do my best to answer.
> James V Dirkes II, PE, BEMP, LEED AP
> Energy Analysis, Commissioning & Training Services
> 1631 Acacia Drive, Grand Rapids, MI 49504 USA
> 616 450 8653
> From: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of max4706
> Sent: Monday, June 24, 2013 10:19 AM
> To: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: [EnergyPlus_Support] Pools in E+
> Hello everybody,
> I am looking for some clues about modeling an outside swimming pool with E+. I don't know where to start actually. I created a zone, underground, with a large horizontal window which will allow me to simulate all the gains from solar radiation...
> I am trying to change the characteristics of the air (fluid) inside this zone, but I didn't manage to find where, or if it is possible.
> Is someone already done such a thing before ? Are there any feedback on this ?
> Thanks to all of you.
Primary EnergyPlus support is found at:
http://energyplus.helpserve.com or send a message to energyplus-support@xxxxxxxx
The primary EnergyPlus web site is found at:
The group web site is:
Attachments are currently allowed but be mindful that not everyone has a high speed connection. Limit attachments to small files.
EnergyPlus Documentation is searchable. Open EPlusMainMenu.pdf under the Documentation link and press the "search" button.
Yahoo! Groups Links
<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional
<*> To change settings online go to:
(Yahoo! ID required)
<*> To change settings via email:
<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to: