[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[EnergyPlus_Support] Re: [validation] Angular dependence of window optical properties
- To: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: [EnergyPlus_Support] Re: [validation] Angular dependence of window optical properties
- From: "ooikoonbeng" <ooi_kb3@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 04 Jul 2013 10:53:35 -0000
- Delivered-to: mailing list EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Delivery-date: Thu, 04 Jul 2013 04:53:41 -0600
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=echoe; t=1372935217; bh=PTGXIZXGmh6JNKk9bjiS3gBfiKe5M/qE8z4P5m9QjBI=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:To:Message-ID:In-Reply-To:User-Agent:X-Mailer:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:X-Yahoo-Post-IP:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=pa1dJZycYe+yu0eVESc6pzwWNCJA7qbGEskCWL/eg6SYB6pBrdd5bFoMSu6XZsIaw4pfLvQHAycChPYvOuNaKohYH4ix3o/uwyjqDlnb6AQwb63sBSgNKZzgCk8WR55v1XVGA/jj0Z7pHxm1cmSOaxhitId1dRRW0a1FPxTATCA=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=echoe; d=yahoogroups.com; b=lC8wYK2viFArttWEbw4C+a9875wPZpA0S2e9YSraOEFyQsJ70K08OCxe4Hl7+ztEKh7ueQx4mvDrQQn9Fo4CS8pEvKzjjL3Gltp0lOQgywNmjIZ41uUWTKmT1Jocq9jSV6LM/ZfCRwLsKOVSoUUbLnu71xvNgnm9JRFiJ/PEo8M=;
- Envelope-to: linda@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- In-reply-to: <kr1f21+ush3@eGroups.com>
- List-id: <EnergyPlus_Support.yahoogroups.com>
- List-unsubscribe: <mailto:EnergyPlus_Supportfirstname.lastname@example.org>
- Mailing-list: list EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; contact EnergyPlus_Support-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Reply-to: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Sender: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- User-agent: eGroups-EW/0.82
i presume that the red line in your two imageshack's are the measured values. How did you measure them? What is the instrument used? What are the measuring errors? How was the effect of radiation picked up by the measuring probe compensated? For example, if thermocouples had been used, you can see the effect of radiation by using another thermocouple backed by a black sponge.
Just being curious, ooi
--- In EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "FrancescoP" <fpasserini.tn@...> wrote:
> I'm trying to validate a model of a sunspace through the comparison with measured data (surface temperatures of a window, of the wall, and of the floor). Obviously, the window properties are fundamental.
> I'm getting problems and I would like to try different models of the angular dependence of window properties. At the beginning I was using the object WindowMaterial:SimpleGlazingSystem while now I'm trying with WindowMaterial:Glazing (field "Optical Data Type" = Spectral), but I had no improvements. In fact, there are still problems with the validation, in particular with the window surface temperature.
> For the object MaterialProperty:GlazingSpectralData I took examples from DesignBuilder and I'm slightly modifying some values (I know the SHGC).
> If I use WindowMaterial:Glazing is trying different models for the angular dependence of window optical properties possible?
> Here some results for the internal surface of an external window (the window separates the sunspace from the external environment and it is sloped 45°)
> Winter: http://imageshack.us/f/29/ls9n.jpg/
> Summer: http://imageshack.us/f/690/xua5.jpg/
> As you can see, the problems concerns the peak during winter season while, on the contrary, the problem concerns the minimum values during summer season. Since in winter and in summer the sun has different positions, I think that the problem concerns the angular dependence of window optical properties.
> P.S.: I know that also the ground temperature model is fundamental and I have to examine further the infiltration rates, but now I would like to focus on the window properties ;-)
Primary EnergyPlus support is found at:
http://energyplus.helpserve.com or send a message to energyplus-support@xxxxxxxx
The primary EnergyPlus web site is found at:
The group web site is:
Attachments are currently allowed but be mindful that not everyone has a high speed connection. Limit attachments to small files.
EnergyPlus Documentation is searchable. Open EPlusMainMenu.pdf under the Documentation link and press the "search" button.
Yahoo! Groups Links
<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional
<*> To change settings online go to:
(Yahoo! ID required)
<*> To change settings via email:
<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to: