[EnergyPlus_Support] Re: question about openstudio unsupported file format

Generally the current 1.0 version of OpenStuio ResultsViewer should be able to open SQL files made with earlier versions of EnergyPlus. If you want to send the SQL file or the IDF and weather file used for the simulation to OpenStudio@xxxxxxxx we can take a look and see if we can identify and fix the issue. You may try re-running the simulation first on your end to make sure the SQL file isn't corrupted.

Your second issue is importing pre-EnergyPlus 7.2 IDF's into the 1.0 version of OpenStudio. OpenStudio 1.0 only imports EnergyPlus files with a 7.2 version. You can import older IDF's by using the "IDFVersionUpdateder" included with EnergyPlus to upgrade the IDF to version 7.2 prior to importing to OpenStudio. We are working on support for EnergyPlus 8.x IDF files.

David

--
David Goldwasser, LEED AP
National Renewable Energy Laboratory