RE: [EnergyPlus_Support] Re: Pools in E+

Dear Chien,

The article is an interesting one and deals specifically with outdoor pools.  I scanned it just now and the methodology looks reasonable, but I?ll have to take a closer look later on. One of my daughters will be married next Saturday and I will be thinking of other things than energy analysis for the next week!

Thanks for sending the link!

p.s., In one of his publications, Mirza Shah says that a pool cover drops evaporation essentially to zero.  I suspect that depends on the quality of the pool cover, but I agree with the idea.

p.p.s., It is interesting also that none of the references cited by your article are for any of Mr. Shah?s work.

James V Dirkes II, PE, BEMP, LEED AP
<http://www.buildingperformanceteam.com/>www.buildingperformanceteam.com
Energy Analysis, Commissioning & Training Services
1631 Acacia Drive, Grand Rapids, MI 49504 USA
616 450 8653

<http://energyplus.helpserve.com>http://energyplus.helpserve.com or send a message to energyplus-support@xxxxxxxx

<http://www.energyplus.gov>http://www.energyplus.gov