Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Simulation Time

Touraj,

It is likely that you could simplify this model quite a bit and get faster runtime.  I would suggest starting with creating thermal blocks of areas that have the same loads, schedules and orientations. Then if possible use zone and window multipliers. Also the voids you speak of might be able to be removed if they are not thermodynamically significant, as could the many sub surfaces you mention. A good model is as simple as possible whilst maintaining thermodynamic accuracy.

I would bet that there are many many zones that could be merged, and that there is much other simplification that could be done and your model would still be reasonably accurate (possibly more accurate) and would be more useful for parametric study.

If I were you I would first rezone to minimize surfaces, then check the simpler model against the more complex in terms ot EUI.

Kind regards

Jeremiah D. Crossett  | Senior Analyst  |  Phase Change Energy Solutions
120 E. Pritchard St.  | Asheboro, NC 27203  | Mobile 503-688-8951
www.phasechange.com