Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Dual Setpoint thermostat in winter and summer

If you do not want cooling during winter just make the zone equipment unavailable during this period. So when the cooling setpooint is reached there will be no cooling. The problem is of course zone overheating. If it laste few hours it is no problem.

Marko

Sent from Yahoo! Mail on Android

From: Artem Zhukov <artem.zhukov@xxxxxxxxxxx>;
To: <EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>;
Subject: [EnergyPlus_Support] Dual Setpoint thermostat in winter and summer
Sent: Tue, Sep 17, 2013 5:53:15 PM

I have the zone where in the winter time during a couple of hours there is necessity of cooling.
The problem is that when the cooling enables for the given hour the thermostat automatically switched to Summer schedule (but it is winter).

Therefore I have 24C at winter instead of 19C.

How to solve that?

IDF,ZoneControl:Thermostat,SHOPS Thermostat,SHOPS,HVACTemplate-Always 4,ThermostatSetpoint:DualSetpoint,SHOPS Thermostat Dual SP Control,,,,,,;

IDF,ThermostatSetpoint:DualSetpoint,SHOPS Thermostat Dual SP Control,SHOP heating thermostat Schdl,SHOP cooling thermostat Schdl;

BR,

Artem Zhukov

HVAC Consultant/Building Simulation Engineer

logo

Mob.: +420 774 081 898

SKYPE: zhukov_artem

Web Cal

BE RESPONSIBLE. THINK ABOUT THE ENVIRONMENT BEFORE PRINTING THIS E-MAIL OR ITS ATTACHMENTS