From: David Reddy [david.j.reddy1@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, September 18, 2013 18:15
To: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: Jim Dirkes
Subject: Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Deriving Bi-Cubic performance curves

Hi Jim,
If you are just looking for example curves, I might suggest reviewing the curve library for the DOE-2.2R (refrigeration) version; below is an excerpt from the help manual.  These curves are in IP units, but could be converted to SI.  Unfortunately, DOE-2 doesn't include a curve fit method for bi-cubic curves either.  A few years ago, I did some work to calibrate a DOE-2.2R model to an actual refrigerated warehouse project and was surprised by how close the modeled vs predicted was; though I did not have the time to do enough an in-depth review/comparison to strengthen my confidence in the many important model assumptions/algorithms.

David

[cid:part1.06000805.02030206@gmail.com]