[EnergyPlus_Support] RE: Re: Merging zones having FCUs (Merging FCUs)

There are two places to size:

sizing:zone

sizing:parameter

Check those objects in the idf.

Furthermore, the fan efficiency default of 0.7 is some crazy "typical" value that has wormed it way into the world of simulation. e+ considers this field for the total effeciency of the fan system. It should be the product of

impeller efficiency

drive and frequency converter effeciency

etc. efficiency

And I have NEVER seen a total efficiency of 0.7. As efficiencies scale with size, my experience values are 0.54 for a 20000m3/h AHU supply fan and 0.21 for a 30m3/h bathroom exhaust fan.

--- In EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, <energyplus_support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi, thanks for all contributors for their responses.
I tried to find the equivalent Delta P like this:
Eqv. Delta P= 1000 * (Total Power [W] / Total AirFlow Rate [L/s]) * Fan Total Efficiency
where:
Total Power = Sum. of the merged FCUs powers.
Total Flow = Sum. of the merged FCUs flows.
Fan Total Efficiency = left at default value of 0.7
The results gave all the equivalent powers larger by a factor of 1.25 from the actual ones, for example: 1500[W] instead of 1200, 375 instead of 300, 1125 instead of 900, and so on. I can't find where this factor came from and got itself incorporated!

So, do you know where I can find this factor and set it to 1? or should I try to include an inverse factor of 1/1.25=0.8 in my eqv. delta P calculations?

Thank you.
--
Hisham