RE: Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] windows certified with European technical standards

Thanks Jean!

Just to add to what Jean said, once you have the construction in Window 6, use the EnergyPlus export feature in Window 6 to export the window. You can then use the description in EnergyPlus and not use the SimpleGlazing object. The SimpleGlazing object should be used only when you do not know the individual layers of the window, just the target U, SHGC, and VT. Layer-by-layer or Window 6 export should be used for fully described windows.

Rahul

---In EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, <energyplus_support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Yes. I propose using Window 6 or higher to model the glazing system and adjusting the values until they corrispond with yours using the EN 673 settings. Once you have a match, simply change the settings to the American settings to get the equivalent U-values and SHGC at these test conditions.

Mit freundlichen GrüÃ?en- Sent from my iPhone (excuse the brevity)

i. A.
Jean Marais
b.i.g. bechtold
Tel.   +49 30 6706662-23