RE: [EnergyPlus_Support] Control HVAC states in EnergyPlus

Jiakang,

“energize at some time point” does not explain your intention very clearly.  However, you should investigate:

·         For time-based availability, use the availability schedule for your heating components.  Stage 1 / Heating coil 1  can be defined independently of Stage 2 / Heating Coil 2, etc

·         Staging of capacity can be accomplished automatically using one of the MultiStage coils

·         Temperature-based staging can be accomplished with some difficulty using separate coil / stage components and EMS (I think this is so, but have not attempted it.)

James V Dirkes II, PE, BEMP, LEED AP
www.buildingperformanceteam.com
Energy Analysis, Commissioning & Training Services
1631 Acacia Drive, Grand Rapids, MI 49504 USA
616 450 8653