RE: RE: Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] How to model a ventilation system with air heat exchanger

I found out what ERV means, energy recovery ventilator.

It seems very similar to the ZoneHVAC:OutdoorAirUnit that I tried before, I believe this system does not represent a real system because there are fans and exhaust fans for all zones individualy,

I would guess a real system only uses one fan for the house (or maybe by floor) Does anybody know this for sure?

But nevertheless I think I will use the ZoneHVAC:OutdoorAirUnit for each zone because the results look more or less resonable

---In EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, <energyplus_support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi Jean,

Thanks for the reply. Option 3 to use  IdealLoadsHVAC with heat exchanger seems like a good option, however simplified.

Option 4: what do you mean by ERV?

I tried to change the Controller:OutdoorAir (Min = Max flow rate), but even so the air temperature increases after the mixing box

In my setting the heat exchanger is before the mixing box, so I would like the air temperature to be the same, so that when the air arrives in the rooms the temperature is the output of the air temperature after the heat exchanger and no more than that

Controller:OutdoorAir,

    OA Controller 1,         !- Name

    Relief Air Outlet Node,  !- Relief Air Outlet Node Name

    Air Loop Inlet Node,     !- Return Air Node Name

    Mixed Air Node,          !- Mixed Air Node Name

    Outside Air Inlet Node,  !- Actuator Node Name

0.033,                  !- Minimum Outdoor Air Flow Rate {m3/s}

    0.0033,                     !- Maximum Outdoor Air Flow Rate {m3/s}

    NoEconomizer,            !- Economizer Control Type

    ModulateFlow,            !- Economizer Control Action Type

    19.,                     !- Economizer Maximum Limit Dry-Bulb Temperature {C}

    ,                        !- Economizer Maximum Limit Enthalpy {J/kg}

    ,                        !- Economizer Maximum Limit Dewpoint Temperature {C}

    ,                        !- Electronic Enthalpy Limit Curve Name

    4.,                      !- Economizer Minimum Limit Dry-Bulb Temperature {C}

    NoLockout,               !- Lockout Type

    FixedMinimum;            !- Minimum Limit Type

Thanks,

Ann

---In EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, <energyplus_support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Option 3: IdealLoadsHVAC with heat exchanger and or economizer

Option 4: I think there is an ERV option which is probably what you're after.

can I use the OutdoorAir:Mixer without mixing the return air?
Yes. The ControllerOutdoorAir object will deturmine how much mixing occurs (you can define DOAS requirements this way).

Mit freundlichen GrüÃ?en- Sent from my iPhone (excuse the brevity)

i. A.
Jean Marais
b.i.g. bechtold
Tel.   +49 30 6706662-23