[EnergyPlus_Support] RE: Lightning System With Dimmer or Internal Sensor

As far as I can tell, EP will only provide lighting automation control in response to daylight.  There are two options available for how to calculate the daylighting and the explanations for how these work are extensive. You should probably read the Input Output Reference regarding that. Basically there is the very straight-forward and geometrically limited Daylighting:Control object and the more geometrically complicated and shading-control limited DELighting:Control method.

Your question about the internal sensors - I'm assuming you mean integral to the luminaires? There is nothing to be changed due to where the sensors are located or connected as EP's "sensor" isn't meant to directly mimic photosensors, but meant to measure workplane illuminance, a subtle but important difference. Just make sure you have a separate zone for each photosensor.

To use the simpler daylight calculation method with a dimmer:

Use a 1 in the Fraction Replaceable field in your Lights objects.

Use the Daylighting:Control object to set all of the other variables.

---In EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, <energyplus_support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi!

I wonder how to model a lighting system with these two types of automation.

- With internal sensors lux
- With automatic dimmers

Thanks!

Técg. Ivan Mezzacapa

Projetista  de Ar Condicionado / Consultor em Eficiência Energética

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/ivan.mezzacapa
Celular: (11)9963-9326