Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Re: Quick path to learn HVAC detailed modeling approach, is there an

As a software developer who has been on the EnergyPlus
development team for many years, I have been thinking about
what kind of software could be developed to make the process
of assembling and editing the HVAC systems easier. I know
for some that a complete icon based graphical system may be
the perfect answer. Tools like Simergy and DesignBuilder and
OpenStudio are already heading in that direction and are
continuing to get better and better. But I keep coming back
to the idea of a very light weight program that could be
useful. "Very light weight" meaning a small hobby project
for me or a small group. Probably with a grid or
hierarchical list etc., nothing too fancy.

It seems like the mechanics of changing node names and
adding names of objects to various lists are very easy to
automate. The problem is how to tackle the problem and be
useful and at the same relative simple. If anyone has and
ideas for a light weight but useful program for helping with
EnergyPlus HVAC, please let me know? Maybe include a mockup
of the interface.

Thanks

Jason

--
Jason Glazer, P.E., GARD Analytics, 90.1 ECB chair

Yahoo Groups Links