[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[EnergyPlus_Support] Issue of building orientation in E+
- To: <EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: [EnergyPlus_Support] Issue of building orientation in E+
- From: <tranhuuanhtuan2004@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: 17 Nov 2013 11:45:25 -0800
- Delivered-to: mailing list EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Delivery-date: Sun, 17 Nov 2013 12:45:28 -0700
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=echoe; t=1384717527; bh=yk19HdTj+g6RNB4D74pXPLKS0t8LE4wIuNCnimQVBW0=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:To:Message-ID:X-Mailer:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:X-Yahoo-Post-IP:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type; b=gTzrDG1GNto0NqDsBjOFpLyZKf9meDOUTnsSx5GWeq5ogkbQtAjYfGzsjjxss5RqhmPnE71A/8HWRpfRzN2krwZPSDvz2bUl/Md4J5a5uLW/1YLcND9aCKXvwlsAQ9HqoHBrIn41XP+UHWgNb8kvhvx/KeSxPeWfOdY9KphYQQ8=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=echoe; d=yahoogroups.com; b=svQ4+xneYId1A6PRbLmaGTn4PL2yazUUC5bHfCh8wkXMaU9pjc8QCsKV+Uu/+UMGDl4t5YyBcrKGhIL2hYM2skC/snzNk56A9wEiwT4cnZhFkXKP4NL7oxpE2lDK0Um6aT96Vf0x3sNz/WxoMWe9S01nyvGPOQvr0GDIp6WdCHY=;
- Envelope-to: linda@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- List-id: <EnergyPlus_Support.yahoogroups.com>
- List-unsubscribe: <mailto:EnergyPlus_Supportfirstname.lastname@example.org>
- Mailing-list: list EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; contact EnergyPlus_Support-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Reply-to: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Sender: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I did some parametric testing building orientation with E+. I tested two identical models which are duplicated from the same model and then rotated the first one by changing the North Axis parameter for certain degree in the idf file and the other one I actually changed the building orientation (using DIVA for Grasshopper) for the same angle. I did double check their geometry by importing them into OpenStudio and they are perfectly matched. I run both idf files with the same weather data file and the same version of E+.
However, I got quite off results. Both Heating and Cooling Energy results from the two models are around 2% different. Is there any round-off error issue with E+ or any thought? Thanks.
Tuan Tran, D.Arch, LEED Green Associate
Office of Physical, Environmental and Long Range Planning, University of Hawai'i at Manoa
Primary EnergyPlus support is found at:
http://energyplus.helpserve.com or send a message to energyplus-support@xxxxxxxx
The primary EnergyPlus web site is found at:
The group web site is:
Attachments are currently allowed but be mindful that not everyone has a high speed connection. Limit attachments to small files.
EnergyPlus Documentation is searchable. Open EPlusMainMenu.pdf under the Documentation link and press the "search" button.