[EnergyPlus_Support] utility for extracting autosize values

Hi all,

I'm wondering if anyone knows of a utility for getting autosized values out of an EnergyPlus run and then automatically hardcoding them in the model. The use case is this: I would like to run a baseline with autosize, then change some parameters/strategies but NOT change any equipment sizing, and assess the differences. If I leave on autosize for all runs, there's the risk of different system capacities under at least some different parameter sets / strategies. I also don't want to burn the time for autosizing on every run. On the other hand, I'm doing a lot of cases and don't want to manually size them all.

Obviously I could write something to do this, parsing the output table for for the autosized values and replacing instances of the word "autosize" in the idf. This is pretty simple for small systems, but with larger systems there are a lot of coils/pumps/fans etc and many of them have multiple autosize fields. I don't want to reinvent the wheel; does anyone know of a program that does what I'm looking for?

Thanks,
Adams Rackes
Drexel University

btw - Jean, thanks for your reply about my DCV issue. It is a bug with E+ for single zone systems with CO2-setpoint DCV. The development team will correct on next release.