[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[EnergyPlus_Support] Solar Heat Pipe System Model - EMS Issues with CTF [1 Attachment]
- To: <EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: [EnergyPlus_Support] Solar Heat Pipe System Model - EMS Issues with CTF [1 Attachment]
- From: <shoaibahmed89@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: 30 Nov 2013 19:39:41 -0800
- Delivered-to: mailing list EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Delivery-date: Sat, 30 Nov 2013 20:39:45 -0700
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=echoe; t=1385869184; bh=4V4ZczkGtt8gyr9RNpXr7QmMNkoO1HzK+wFaBNu38ws=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:To:Message-ID:X-Mailer:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:X-Yahoo-Post-IP:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Reply-To:Content-Type; b=aOY/aut/C0pFGp/TjA9Kf39rCX/tMwbayFEpY7Y9zM1LBEnny2EoKTdJ3D7jTSKDkRWXgNmjD0j91xSus5ZZDISE+B4eHRBtFQnoNWacKRcumo4I7Z5Hk4qD6EqcjUDcydhsM45u+2+ftoxtWyxx/7UXlWNey+ecEyJGeybHuYw=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=echoe; d=yahoogroups.com; b=xCE3FL3cWQ3UoW6C1fPntTN5bKBx564JC1FqAuUNirfU96F1SPYkI138KntGTGAOGawEQ1j3qjc+Gh6+hALTZueXIScZBk3luqwq4+5ekgRZ8ZY27e/YOxke8adJ6VkdI1GrAvVueBImOlQi+SPAVhg8RmrNpvbuynM0a1Qe6b8=;
- Envelope-to: linda@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- List-id: <EnergyPlus_Support.yahoogroups.com>
- List-unsubscribe: <mailto:EnergyPlus_Supportfirstname.lastname@example.org>
- Mailing-list: list EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; contact EnergyPlus_Support-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Reply-to: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Sender: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I'm currently working on a model for implementing a passive solar heat pipe system into EnergyPlus. The way this passive solar heat pipe system works is if the temperature of the outside environment is greater than that of the inside zone, then heat is transferred in, however, if the outside environment is colder, heat transfer through the pipes is ceased due to a thermal diode effect and heat inside is only lost through exterior walls. Hopefully this is a sufficient explanation.
I was able to get some input from a few people previously (much appreciated) and decided to go down the EMS route and vary the the construction state of the surface with an IF/THEN argument as a program with the outside and inside temperatures being the sensors. This is necessary because the construction state can be different at any time step with respect to zone and outdoor temperatures.
I'm running into issues with the CTF and having 'incompatible time steps', or temperature limits causing a fatal crash. I'm not sure how to resolve this. I've attempted different ways to model and ultimately run into the same problem.
I've attached a idf for reference. Let me know if you have any input on this. I'm hitting my head on a wall over here!
Thanks again all,
View attachments on the web
Primary EnergyPlus support is found at:
http://energyplus.helpserve.com or send a message to energyplus-support@xxxxxxxx
The primary EnergyPlus web site is found at:
The group web site is:
Attachments are currently allowed but be mindful that not everyone has a high speed connection. Limit attachments to small files.
EnergyPlus Documentation is searchable. Open EPlusMainMenu.pdf under the Documentation link and press the "search" button.
Attachment not found:
d:\eudora\attach\Heat Pipe Model1.idf