[EnergyPlus_Support] Solar Heat Pipe System Model - EMS Issues with CTF [1 Attachment]

I'm currently working on a model for implementing a passive solar heat pipe system into EnergyPlus.  The way this passive solar heat pipe system works is if the temperature of the outside environment is greater than that of the inside zone, then heat is transferred in, however, if the outside environment is colder, heat transfer through the pipes is ceased due to a thermal diode effect and heat inside is only lost through exterior walls.  Hopefully this is a sufficient explanation.

I was able to get some input from a few people previously (much appreciated) and decided to go down the EMS route and vary the the construction state of the surface with an IF/THEN argument as a program with the outside and inside temperatures being the sensors.  This is necessary because the construction state can be different at any time step with respect to zone and outdoor temperatures.
I'm running into issues with the CTF and having 'incompatible time steps', or temperature limits causing a fatal crash.  I'm not sure how to resolve this.  I've attempted different ways to model and ultimately run into the same problem.

I've attached a idf for reference.  Let me know if you have any input on this.  I'm hitting my head on a wall over here!

Thanks again all,

Syed

View attachments on the web