The tool will be well appreciated because it becomes fast to analyze different variables and possible interrelation between them
I found some problems to correctly visualize the whole graph (at some screen resolution) and the maximize option is always needed
I can not find the option “less zoom” it will be helpful in many cases.
Sustainibility & Technical Manager
Móvil +34 606 42 32 14
DesignBuilder has now released v1.0 of our free standalone EnergyPlus Results Viewer application. The Results Viewer allows you to easily generate graphical views of data held in EnergyPlus .eso output files as well tabular results held in the .htm summary outputs files. You can load multiple .eso files into a session and compare results on the same graph.
An example screenshot is shown below comparing results for a ground source heat pump chilled ceiling system with displacement ventilation with and without changeover mixed mode natural ventilation.
The main Results Viewer v1.0 features are:
· Opens and displays .eso and .htm summary files generated by all EnergyPlus applications, including DesignBuilder, OpenStudio, EPLaunch etc.
· Can be used to display all building and HVAC output variables including HVAC node temperatures, mass flow rates and humidity levels.
· Compare results sets for any number of simulations on the same graph - even sub-hourly timestep results when the number of timesteps is different between runs.
· View results graphically or in a grid.
· Export results for further analysis in a spreadsheet.
· View tabular results held in .htm files and associate the tabular results with an .eso dataset.
· Select the time interval from Monthly, Daily, Hourly and Timestep – depending on the data in the .eso file.
· Available reports are listed for the selected time interval and can be selected for viewing.
· A crosshair option allows you to display numeric values for all displayed data series for any point in time.
· Show multiple graphs on the screen at once.
· Include multiple Y-axes on each graph as required by the selected reports.
· When viewing datasets for long simulation periods the zoom function allows you to focus in on shorter time periods.
· Sort the list of available outputs by Area or Report type
· Store all session data and settings in a single compact file for ease of storage and communication. Session files can be emailed to colleagues and easily opened to see precisely the same results as the sender.
· Associate the .eso extension with the Results Viewer allowing easy integration with EPLaunch and other EnergyPlus GUIs.
· Integration with DesignBuilder v3.4 and later.
You can download the EnergyPlus Results Viewer at no cost from:
If you have any comments or feedback please feel free to contact the DesignBuilder support desk at support.designbuilder.co.uk
DesignBuilder Software Ltd
Tel: +44 (0)1453 755500
Primary EnergyPlus support is found at:
http://energyplus.helpserve.com or send a message to energyplus-support@xxxxxxxx
The primary EnergyPlus web site is found at:
The group web site is:
Attachments are currently allowed but be mindful that not everyone has a high speed connection. Limit attachments to small files.
EnergyPlus Documentation is searchable. Open EPlusMainMenu.pdf under the Documentation link and press the "search" button.
Email file not found: C:\Users\lklawrie\Downloads\Embedded\image00228.png