Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Free cooling with chiller

That is a common scenario. I'm working on a real project right now where the chiller is bypassed completely (chiller off) by the economizer loop using the chiller dryfluid cooler on the roof to cool the chilled water loop. The "economizer mode" kicks in at ODAdrybulb less 10 deg C. As building cooling loads during these times are much less in any event, the much higher chilled water loop temperatures still manage to supply AHU and Fan Coils with water cool enough such that they can meet the loads. I'm simulating this project in TrnSys so don't ask me how I'm doing it.

Jean