Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Re: Quick path to learn HVAC detailed modeling approach, is there an

Mmm...I like these thoughts. A re-invention of the idf editor as a nodalure connections GUI, based on clever groupings.

When I work with the txt editor, I group by
- general
-- run options
-- designdays
-- general schedules
-- etc.

- geometry stuff per zone
-- materials
-- constructions
-- surfaces per zone
--- sub-surfaces per surface

- zone internal stuff per zone
-- zone definition
--- controls
--- internal loads
---- controls

- zone equipment per zone
-- terminal units
--- controls
-- radiant objects
--- controls
-- fancoils
--- controls
-- exhaust fans
--- controls
-- etc.

- Plants
-- air plants
--- supply side
----componant
----- controls
--- demand side including water coil objects
----componant
----- controls

-- hotwater plant (per plant, i.e. boiler, hotwater:mixed, District Heat, solar, etc.)
--- supply side
----componant
----- controls
--- demand side
(excluding coils in Airside devices which I link with comment fields)
----componant
----- controls

-- chilled water plant
(excluding coils in Airside devices which I link with comment fields)
--- supply----componant----- controls

--- demand sidey----componant----- controls

-- Heat Rejection Plants

- AFN
- EMS

I've probably missed a couple here, but that's my basic setup. I usually list an object specific schedule directly under said object.

One could think of turning the visibility of certain groups on or off.

Mit freundlichen GrüÃ?en- Sent from my iPhone (excuse the brevity)

i. A.
Jean Marais
b.i.g. bechtold
Tel.   +49 30 6706662-23