From: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Jim Dirkes
Sent: Tuesday, December 17, 2013 7:09 AM
To: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [EnergyPlus_Support] fixed pulse HVAC size + thermostat w/hysteresis

At the moment, all energy analysis programs that I am aware of are intended to simulate HVAC and control systems which are operating properly.  You can simulate some faults (e.g., a setpoint that is off by a fixed value), but that is not the intention of the modeling software.

I think you will need to tap your creativity in order to simulate and unstable (“hunting”) control loop.

James V Dirkes II, PE, BEMP, LEED AP
www.buildingperformanceteam.com
Energy Analysis, Commissioning & Training Services
1631 Acacia Drive, Grand Rapids, MI 49504 USA
616 450 8653