Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Conditional HVAC template

If you want to control operative temperature instead of just sensible temperature then you should replace that thermostat by  a ZoneControl:Thermostat:OperativeTemperature.  To do this run your simulation with the HVACTemplate as it is now. Then find the expanded idf file generated ('.expidf'), open it in idf editor and modify thermostat and related objects. Then report Operative temperature and make sure those two described situations don't occur. If they do, either make cooling sizing factor bigger or investigate a little bit when and why this might be happening and plan a strategy accordingly.

Hope this answers your question.

Best Santiago.