[EnergyPlus_Support] Hanged hydronic heating/cooling panels

Hanged hydronic heating/cooling panels

Dear group, I'm hopeless. If you have some hope to share, please share
it here.

I've come to the opinion that the imbedded pipe model is very
insufficient at modelling hanged hydronic heating/cooling panels
ESPECIALLY when they are asked to simulate quickly changing surface
temperatures of the unit (i.e. a system that is not continuously
active or zones with large setback dTs). This is due to the required
thermal diffusivity for numerical stability.

We can't keep trying to use the embedded pipe model to model hanged
hydronic units. Often these units rely on the radiative transfer very
heavily and operative temperature investigations are the word of the
day. I've been looking at this a long time now and I'm tired of trying
to squeeze the wrong model for the right behaviour.

Is anyone freelance or on the developement team looking at this?

Regards,

Jean

Mit freundlichen Grüßen- Sent from my iPhone (excuse the brevity)

i. A.
Jean Marais
b.i.g. bechtold
Tel.   +49 30 6706662-23