[EnergyPlus_Support] "Minimum System Air Flow Ratio" according to ASHRAE

Iâ??m modeling System 6 of a baseline model according to Annex G of ASHRAE 90.1-2007. Some single zone systems are modeled according to system 4 (G3.1.1 exception b).

I wonder what values I shall use in the field â??Minimum System Air Flow Ratioâ?? of the object Sizing:System.

There is no outdoor air requirement through the AHUs (only recirculation) because the proposed building is naturally ventilated.

Among other issues, G3.1.3.14 states: â??Minimum volume setpoints for fan-powered boxes shall be equal to 30% of peak design flow rate or the rate required to meet the minimum outdoor air ventilation requirement, whichever is larger.â??

Since in the case that Iâ??m considering the minimum outdoor air ventilation requirement is equal to 0, for the object AirTerminal:SingleDuct:ParallePIU:Reheat I imposed "Minimum Primary Air Flow Fraction" =  0,3.

In the field â??Minimum System Air Flow Ratioâ?? of the object Sizing:System shall I use 0,3 for System 6 (practically it is the same concept of the "Minimum Primary Air Flow Fraction" of the object AirTerminal:SingleDuct:ParallePIU:Reheat , isnâ??t it?)? And for System 4 shall I impose â??Minimum System Air Flow Ratioâ?? = 1 (from the I/O Reference: â??Minimum System Air Flow Ratio: (..) For constant volume systems the ratio should be set to 1â??)?

Best Regards

<http://energyplus.helpserve.com>http://energyplus.helpserve.com or send a message to energyplus-support@xxxxxxxx

<http://www.energyplus.gov>http://www.energyplus.gov

<http://geo.yahoo.com/serv?s=97476590/grpId=3387488/grpspId=1705007389/msgId=31299/stime=1392381337>