Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Re: DATAFILE OF LIDER MATERIALS AND WINDOWS IN ENERGYPLUS

Jean,
Jean,

Thanks for mention ASHRAE 1588-RP, whose formal title is "Representative layer-by-layer descriptions for fenestration systems with specified bulk properties such as U-factor and SHGC".  I should point out that the project team also includes Peter Lyons, a fenestration expert in Australia,  plus Peter Ellis and Neal Kruis, who have both been involved in EnergyPlus development in years past.  We just got started last Fall, and expect to be done by this Fall.  The overall objective of the project is to develop a piece of software that would take a partial description of a glazing system, and expand it to a complete layer-by-layer description that could be used in any detailed building energy simulation program.  Since we are using the algorithms from EnergyPlus to do this "reverse engineering", it is very likely that the project will produce not only a stand-alone program, but also an implementation in EnergyPlus, conditional on acceptance by the EP Development Team.

The differences from the current Simple Fenestration Model in EnergyPlus are: 1) we are trying to impute the actual physical characteristics of the fenestration, rather than developing a nonphysical monolithic layer, and 2) we allow for (and strongly encourage!) as much input information as possible, rather than constraining the model to just the U-value and SHGC.

If anyone is interested to see a copy of the Work Statement (RFP), which is all I have right now (:-)), please send me an e-mail.

Joe
Joe Huang
White Box Technologies, Inc.
346 Rheem Blvd., Suite 108D
Moraga CA 94556
<a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:yjhuang@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx";>yjhuang@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx</a>
<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://weather.whiteboxtechnologies.com";>http://weather.whiteboxtechnologies.com</a> for simulation-ready weather data
(o) (925)388-0265
(c) (510)928-2683

On 3/4/2014 8:26 AM, <mailto:jeannieboef@xxxxxxxxx>jeannieboef@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

There's an actual ASHRAE research project looking into the matter of the way the simple glazing entries can reverse engineer a complex fenestration of equal properties (it will work somewhat differently than the current implementation), and hopefully the input parameters will include which norms are being used for the rating conditions. Ask Joe Huang for more details.

> Till then, I propose the only very good way is to build up your glazing in the Window software (v7 or higher) where you can switch between rating conditions. E+ can also import Window generated files with some tweaking.

<http://energyplus.helpserve.com>http://energyplus.helpserve.com or send a message to energyplus-support@xxxxxxxx

<http://www.energyplus.gov>http://www.energyplus.gov

Attachments are currently allowed but be mindful that not everyone has a high speed connection.� Limit attachments to small files.

EnergyPlus Documentation is searchable.� Open EPlusMainMenu.pdf under the Documentation link and press the "search" button.

<http://geo.yahoo.com/serv?s=97476590/grpId=3387488/grpspId=1705007389/msgId=31429/stime=1393962514>