[EnergyPlus_Support] Temperature Setpoints are too many!

Dear all,
I am really confused regarding these parameters, are they contradicting? are they independent?
1. Central cooling (or heating) design supply air temperature.
2. Air loop supply duct (in case of single duct) setpoint manager temperature control (scheduled, warmest, multi-zone heating average, ...etc.).
What does each one of these control?
I read the I/O Reference and for the first item it says this is the temperature of the air leaving the cooling (or heating) coil. While for the second item DesignBuilder's help says this is to define air temperature reset in the supply duct.
How is air temperature reset supposed to work? does it dynamically change cooling and heating coils temperatures to achieve the temperature reset imposed by the setpoint manager? if so, why do we have to specify these coils temperatures in the first place? is it for first iteration only?
And in case I have a project where heating and cooling are equally important, I can't put two setpoint managers on the same supply duct, also I can only specify one type of setpoint manager, for example: multi-zone cooling average or multi-zone heating average. So, I satisfy one season the other is not!
Please, advise.
Sincerely,
Hisham

<http://energyplus.helpserve.com>http://energyplus.helpserve.com or send a message to energyplus-support@xxxxxxxx