Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] ASHRAE 90.1 Climate Zone Code

It's probably the correct weather file or as close as one can get with TMY data, however as noted in the stat file (which comes with each weather file the weather converter produces):

 - Climate type "3C" (ASHRAE Standard 196-2006 Climate Zone)**
 - Warm - Marine, Probable Köppen classification=Cs, Dry Summer Subtropical (Mediterranean)
 - **Note that the ASHRAE classification shown here is derived algorithmically from the source weather data.
 -   It may not be indicative of the long term climate for this location.

At 06:45 AM 4/16/2014, seanking.1970@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Could anybody please advise what possible reasons in generating these differences, and how to choose a right weather file to do a LEED/ASHRAE modeling if the codes are not consistent between the two? Thank you very much in advance.

We could just not do the ASHRAE climate calculation on the weather file -- would that make you feel more secure?
Or, alternatively, you could just ignore the one that is on the stat file.

I do not believe that ASHRAE includes their climate code on the tables that we show at the top of the stat file (design conditions). You could look at the degree day conditions there and do your own calculation of the ASHRAE climate code.

<http://energyplus.helpserve.com>http://energyplus.helpserve.com or send a message to energyplus-support@xxxxxxxx

<http://www.energyplus.gov>http://www.energyplus.gov

<http://geo.yahoo.com/serv?s=97476590/grpId=3387488/grpspId=1705007389/msgId=31742/stime=1397653487>