[EnergyPlus_Support] Customized Zone Temperature Setpoint Range & Zone Supply Air Flow Rate/Temperature

Hi all,

Based on a simple 5 zones VAV-based with reheat HVAC system, I'd like to identify the energy consumption of demand controlled ventilation based on different zone temperature setpoint range, supply air temperature and air flow rate. The idea is, for example, during summer, if the zone temperature setpoint is higher, lesser energy is consumed for space cooling, and vice versa.

Browsing through the example files in EP 7.2, is there any examples which show how to

(a) control zone minimum/maximum temperature based on a Temperature schedule?

(b) (assume default settings) output supply air temperature and supply air flow rate for each zone at each interval?

(c) configure and control min/max supply air temperature and air flow rate for each zone at each interval?

I am wondering for (a), which of the following should be the right configurations and is there example to refer

(i) configure the ZoneControl:Thermostat with ThermostatSetpoint:DualSetpoint, and under the later, define a customized "Cooling Setpoint Temperature Schedule Name"?

(ii) configure the ZoneVentilation:DesignFlowRate with "Minimum Indoor Temperature Schedule Name" and "Maximum Indoor Temperature Schedule Name"?

(iii) configure the ZoneInfiltration:DesignFlowRate with "Minimum Indoor Temperature Schedule Name" and "Maximum Indoor Temperature Schedule Name"?

For (b), is it possible to output data with such details?

For (c), I have seen SetpointManager:SingleZone:Cooling, which allow configuration of Min/Max Supply Air Temperature, is this the right place to configure zone-based min/max supply air temperature? is it possible to change the min/max supply air at each interval based on a Schedule?

For supply air flow rate, under AirTerminal:SingleDuct:VAV:Reheat, I see configuration for "Maximum Air Flow Rate" and "Zone Minimum Air Flow Input Method". Is this the right place to customize supply air flow rate into each zone? Let say if "Scheduled" is selected as "Zone Minimum Air Flow Input Method", what Schedule Type should I create to input the air flow rate?

I am very new to HVAC system, while figuring out how to achieve the simulation model with trial and error, more often, I am wondering if these are the right configurations to be made. Your inputs are much appreciated!

Regards,

BoonPing

<http://energyplus.helpserve.com>http://energyplus.helpserve.com or send a message to energyplus-support@xxxxxxxx

<http://www.energyplus.gov>http://www.energyplus.gov