Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Re: refrigerant to water heat exchanger modelling

mmm...the thing is that if your tank does not get hot enough (more than 65 deg C) you're going to get hygien problems. And really the tank must remain as cold as possible for the cooling coils. I would recommend not using the water in this tank directly, but to keep it as a closed circuit to preheat mains water via a plate-water-water heat exchanger, on its way to a proper potable hot water heater tank which will do the remainder of the heating. Even then, it may become problamatic, because you'll have a short section of pipe that may be at nice bacterial growth temperatures leading to the potable hot water tank.

Hi Jean ,

<http://energyplus.helpserve.com>http://energyplus.helpserve.com or send a message to energyplus-support@xxxxxxxx

<http://www.energyplus.gov>http://www.energyplus.gov

<http://geo.yahoo.com/serv?s=97476590/grpId=3387488/grpspId=1705007389/msgId=31852/stime=1399030278>