From: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of santosh_philip@xxxxxxxxx
Sent: Wednesday, May 07, 2014 4:34 PM
To: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [EnergyPlus_Support] Stack Ventilation - Airflow Network

I am doing some experiments to see how stack flow ventilation works in Energyplus using Airflow Network. I am primarily interested in Stack ventilation and not in cross-ventilation.

I made a simple box 20' X 30' X 25'(height)

with 2 windows on the 20' elevation, on either side of the box

one window is high and the other window is low

To ensure that I get only stack ventilation, I modified the weather file so that windspeed is 0 m/s at all times.

I looked at output variables

- AFN Linkage Node 1 to Node 2 Volume flow rate (for both windows) - m3/s

- AFN Linkage Node 2 to Node 1 Volume flow rate (for both windows) - m3/s

- AFN Zone infiltration Air Change rate (ach)

These numbers are internally consistent - the volume flow matches the ach.

The ACH varies quite quite a bit through the year going from 0 ACH to 20 ACH

I am trying to understand what makes the ACH change.

What should I be looking at get a sense of this ?

Any advice or pointers ?

Thanx

Santosh Philip

<http://energyplus.helpserve.com>http://energyplus.helpserve.com or send a message to energyplus-support@xxxxxxxx

<http://www.energyplus.gov>http://www.energyplus.gov

Attachments are currently allowed but be mindful that not everyone has a high speed connection.� Limit attachments to small files.

EnergyPlus Documentation is searchable.� Open EPlusMainMenu.pdf under the Documentation link and press the "search" button.

<http://geo.yahoo.com/serv?s=97476590/grpId=3387488/grpspId=1705007389/msgId=31907/stime=1399558805>