[EnergyPlus_Support] Zone Humidity w DOAS and Fancoil

All,

I have a residential building with in suite ERV (i.e. DOAS) and in suite fancoils, being simulated in the Toronto climate (humid summer, dry winter).  In all of my zones, outputs for Zone Air Relative Humidity are all very high in the summer months.  This is much higher than I expected and is especially hurting my ERV summer latent performance.  Internal latent gains all seem acceptable, as are zone air temperatures.

This model was built up from the HVACTemplate:System:DedicatedOutdoorAir and HVACTemplate:Zone:FanCoil and then edited further here and there to refine it, but no significant changes were done to any nodes placements, etc.

Is there any reason why the humidity would be building up in the zone in the summer months like this? As far as I can tell, the zone humidity is simply taking the outdoor humidity ratio, and adding the latent gains from the zone, with some buffering due to the ERV.  There is no zone humidistat, as in reality there is none, but in summer months, why would the cooling coil from the fancoil not dehumidify this air? Inputs are left to autosize, but all coils are 75% sensible, which is close to reality.

Wondering if there is  something I am not understanding with at which point the Zone Air Relative Humidity takes its reading (i.e. is this read before the cooling coil)?

Adam Barker, MBSc, C.E.T., LEED AP BD+C

Energy Project Manager

Provident Energy Management Inc.

T: 416-736-0630 x 1874 | <mailto:abarker@xxxxxxxx>abarker@xxxxxxxx