Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Trombe wall with ventilated slab

Hello Vincent.
See if you can get a copy of PASOLE by Bob McFarland at LASL in the 1980s.
 It was the hourly simulation used to develop the the SLR method. Also, I believe you'll find  correlations for this type of system in the  Vol III tables.
Another possibility is SERIRES, now called SUNREL, which I think had a Trombe wall as well. You'll have to specify vented or invented most likely.
Finally, I seem to recall FCHART can be used to get correlations for this as well, using the 'mass wall' option.
Of course, you could always roll your own TRNSYS model for this.
Jeff

Jeff S. Haberl, Ph.D., P.E.inactive, FASHRAE, FIBPSA
Department of Architecture
Texas A&M University
College Station, Texas 77845-3581
Office: 979-845-6507, Lab: 979-845-6065
Fax: 970-862-2457, <mailto:jhaberl@xxxxxxxx>jhaberl@xxxxxxxx, <http://www.esl.tamu.edu>www.esl.tamu.edu
On May 26, 2014, at 1:39 PM, "vincent lacour <mailto:vlacour@xxxxxxxxx>vlacour@xxxxxxxxx [EnergyPlus_Support]" <<mailto:EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I want to simulate a Trombe wall used to preheat a ventilated slab.  I first tried using the ventilated slab object, but it cannot be combined with a Trombe wall. Then I went to the low temperature radiant object, but this object does not work with hot air.
> Any thoughts?
> Cheers
> Vincent

 Posted by: Jeff Haberl <jhaberl@xxxxxxxx>