Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] EMS

Your error message indicates that the ems program does not get properly compiled or run. Something is wrong with your syntax. A clue is found in the few error message lines immediately prior to the last statement "Errors found in parsing EMS Runtime Language input. Preceding condition causes termination". Post those lines so we can see.
Jean
On 29.05.2014, at 17:36, "Fakeha Sehar <mailto:fakeha_s@xxxxxxxxx>fakeha_s@xxxxxxxxx [EnergyPlus_Support]" <<mailto:EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> No I receive following error "Errors found in parsing EMS Runtime Language input. Preceding condition causes termination"
Consider example 9 in EMS design guide example, change month to just one day in the EMS:Program.

> On Thursday, May 29, 2014 10:55 AM, "Linda Lawrie <mailto:linda@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>linda@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx [EnergyPlus_Support]" <<mailto:EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

In debugging, you need to look at what is being triggered..

> Plus you can separate these statements:
>
>>>  IF (Month==6) && (Day==13) && (Hour>=12) && (Hour<=16),
>
> If (Month == 6),
>   If (Day == 13),
>     If (Hour >= 12),
>      IF (Hour <= 16),
>
>      this statement shoudl be the one you want,
> else
> else
> else
> endif
>
> (Not sure if I have the elses correctly numbered -- you can also set values during those statements so you can more easily debug the program)

 Posted by: "jeannieboef@xxxxxxxxx" <jeannieboef@xxxxxxxxx>

Primary EnergyPlus support is found at:
<http://energyplus.helpserve.com>http://energyplus.helpserve.com or send a message to energyplus-support@xxxxxxxx

<http://www.energyplus.gov>http://www.energyplus.gov