Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Grouping

These are open studio questions- you would get the best answers by posting to their forum: <https://openstudio.nrel.gov/forum>https://openstudio.nrel.gov/forum
Here is the best place for questions you have working with IDF files.  You can export from open studio to IDF, then run your file and get warnings or errors that you could post to this list for help interpreting the warnings...

â??â??
Jeremiah D. Crossett  | Senior Analyst  |  Phase Change Energy Solutions
â??â??
120 E. Pritchard St.  | Asheboro, NC 27203
 â??â??
<http://www.phasechange.com/>www.phasechange.com
  <http://i.imgur.com/Sldxf.jpg>

On Sat, May 31, 2014 at 12:12 PM, <mailto:ase25@xxxxxxxx>ase25@xxxxxxxx [EnergyPlus_Support] <<mailto:EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hello,

>       Appreciating if someone clarifies the following two questions for me.

> I'm currently making groups for each wall in the building (external and internal) then i will create spaces and zones. my question is: while naming each wall as a group, do i choose (double click) on both sides of the wall or not necessary and i can choose just one side?

> Another question: how do i deal with the door openings? i mean; do i just leave a space instead of the door or just make a continuous wall with no opening, or i do have to choose and install one of the doors from the openstudio library?

> Thanks

 Posted by: Jeremiah Crossett <jcrossett@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Primary EnergyPlus support is found at:
<http://energyplus.helpserve.com>http://energyplus.helpserve.com or send a message to energyplus-support@xxxxxxxx