Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] How to control Supply air temperature for heating in VAV system

Thanks Annie. But in a real building control system, a VAV usually have fixed supply air temperature and so that it can vary the air flow rate the meet the load right? Our company use Trace most of the time and it can fix the supply air temperature, so when compared to E+, the DOAS system seems to be off by a lot and I think the reason is becuase E+ fluctuate the supply air temperature. Is there any work around that I can do in energyplus so that I can fix the SA temperature?

Thanks

HJ

On 6/3/2014 4:07 PM, annie <mailto:anniemarston@xxxxxxxxxxx>anniemarston@xxxxxxxxxxx [EnergyPlus_Support] wrote:

> The temperature out of the reheat coil is controlled by EnergyPlus, information from zone sizing and the thermostat let E+ decide what temperature should be coming off the reheat  coil to condition the space. In other words you should not to put a setpoint on here, just make sure your thermostats are correct for the space. for more information you can look up the VAV component in the input output reference guide. Lots of lovely information in there for you!
> Annie
>
> To: <mailto:EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> From: <mailto:EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2014 15:59:49 -0400
> Subject: Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] How to control Supply air temperature for heating in VAV system
>
> Correction. When I use setpointmanage:singlezone:heating to set the supply air temperature to 40 C after reheat coil, it seems it does nothing to the supply air temperature.
>

> On 6/3/2014 3:22 PM, HJ <mailto:wanghaojie630@xxxxxxxxx>wanghaojie630@xxxxxxxxx [EnergyPlus_Support] wrote:
>> I built a VAV system through open studio. I am able to fix the Supply
>> air temperature for cooling by putting a setpoint manager before reheat
>> coil. However, I dont know how should I control the supply air
>> temperature for heating. When I put a setpoint manager after the reheat,
>> the air temperature will be forced to that value no matter heating or
>> cooling...
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> HJ

 Posted by: HJ <wanghaojie630@xxxxxxxxx>