RE: [EnergyPlus_Support] JEplus Or MLE+ Optimization Software?

Dear Navid,

I don’t know enough about MLE+ but it seems like very powerful tool for control studies. To use jEPlus with Matlab, you can define E+ input and output variables in a jEPlus project, and then run simulations through jEPlus’ command-line, similar to this one:

java -jar jEPlus.jar -job example_E+v8.0/HVACTemplate-5ZoneFanCoil.jep -value job_north,0,0,0,0.008;job_east,0,0,90,0.008;job_south,0,0,180,0.008;job_west,0,0,270,0.008

In your Matlab code you just need to generate the string after “-value” to feed your variable values. The output will be collected in a csv table indexed by the job ids, ready to be read back into Matlab.

Cheers,

Yi