Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Daylight Factor

Dear Yair, I don't know of any tutorial that explains exactly what you are asking for, but the following OpenStudio tutorial gives you a very visual idea of how Daylighting analysis works in Energyplus, its not too difficult to implement it. You can output Illuminance maps, and do some post processing to calculate average daylight factor.

Openstudio went a a lot further and added Radiance pluggin for co-simulation with Energyplus for more accurate daylighting analysis. Here

Best,
Santiago.

Hi Everyone,

I am trying to find a clear and easy-to-use tutorial that explains how to perform a Daylight analysis in EnergyPlus.
Basically I`d like to calculate the average DF and the uniformity.

Can anybody recommend some tutorial?
Thanks!
Yair.

Posted by: Santiago Velez <santiagogvelez@xxxxxxxxx>